Membership of the GDVGA is open to playing members aged 55 years and above, of golf cubs within the Geelong District. For full membership details please see the Administration TAB.
The August 29th event at Bannockburn has been cancelled due to course works.
Given the two recent cancellations the Pennant Subcommittee has changed the qualifying conditions to 4 games in 2022 not 5 to be eligible for 2023 Pennant
Upcoming event schedule:
Friday August 19th Curlewis - Timesheet opens Wednesday August 10 9:00am
Monday September 19th Queenscliff - Will now be the 1st Rnd of Championships and AGM. See below for more information on the AGM.
Monday October 10th Lara - 2nd Rnd of Championships
Portarlington of Golf - Veterans event Monday 29th August
Stroke Event 9:00am SGS Cost $30 including Lunch
Ocean Grove Seniors Event (Over 55) Thursday 1st September
Stableford Event 8:00am & 1:00pm SGS Cost $30 including light Lunch
The GDVGA is happy to promote Seniors or Veteran events, but please note these are run by the host clubs and therefore not included in the GDVGA fixture.
The AGM will be held at Queenscliff GC on Monday September 19 after our regular game.
2 To access a nomination form for the 2022/23 Committee Click Here
President Alan Maloney 0423 937 020
Secretary Ray Drady 0490 259 172
Captain Harvey Otter 0401 412 511
Treasurer Brian Shaw 0409 255 324
Vice Capt. Greg Bennett 0412 186 113
Ross Duff 0417 599 594
Ed Featherston 0437 535 688
Brian Hazell 0400 937 808
Noel Hill 0438 785 549
Denis Moore 0459 419 060
Ted Stroomer 0413 622 706
Covid-19 Geelong Veterans Vaccination Policy
- Whilst clubs will have established rules using the Services Victoria app etc., there may be a need for us to collect, or store, member vaccination information. We are currently storing information on our member data base.
- As individual members we will each be expected to comply with whatever the access/entry requirements of the clubs we visit are.
- In the weeks prior to an event, we will publish the requirements of the club we are about to visit. This will be published on the GDVGA website, and noted on the timesheet.
- We strongly encourage you all, as members of the Geelong Veterans, to be ready to provide whatever proof is required by the club, that we are visiting. It will not be our place to dispute any of the requirements of the clubs we visit.
- If anyone is uncomfortable with what a particular club requires then the choice of whether to play or not is with the individual.